The Porsche Boxster 986 has a set of recommended maintenance intervals. Here are some general guidelines:
- Oil and Filter Change: It is typically recommended to change the engine oil and filter every 7,500 to 10,000 miles or every 12 months, whichever comes first.
- Air Filter Replacement: The air filter should be inspected regularly and replaced when necessary. The frequency of replacement may depend on driving conditions, but it's generally recommended to inspect it every 15,000 miles or annually.
- Spark Plugs Replacement: The spark plugs in the Boxster 986 should be inspected and replaced as needed. It is generally suggested to replace them every 30,000 to 60,000 miles or every 4 to 6 years.
- Brake Fluid Change: Porsche recommends changing the brake fluid every 2 years, regardless of mileage.
- Coolant Flush: The coolant system should be flushed and refilled every 2 to 3 years, or as recommended by Porsche.
- Transmission Fluid Change: The manual transmission fluid in the Boxster 986 should be inspected and replaced as necessary. The interval for replacement may vary, but it's generally suggested to inspect it every 60,000 miles or every 6 years.
- Timing Belt Replacement: The Boxster 986 may have a timing belt that requires replacement. The timing belt interval can vary, but it is typically recommended to replace it every 60,000 to 90,000 miles or every 6 to 9 years. However, please note that the Boxster 986 also introduced a variation with an internal timing chain, which does not require regular replacement.
Maintenance for other Porsche Model Years
For other information on Porsche maintenance, service, and repair, or for the service schedule for later model years, please see our other Porsche articles.