Keeping your 3rd Generation Porsche Cayenne healthy is easy as long as you follow the recommended service intervals, which can be found below.
- Oil and Filter Change: It is typically recommended to change the engine oil and filter every 10,000 to 15,000 miles or every 12 months, whichever comes first.
- Air Filter Replacement: The air filter should be inspected regularly and replaced when necessary. The frequency of replacement may depend on driving conditions, but it's generally recommended to inspect it every 20,000 to 30,000 miles or annually.
- Spark Plugs Replacement: The spark plugs in the Cayenne 3rd Generation should be inspected and replaced as needed. It is generally suggested to replace them every 40,000 to 60,000 miles or every 4 to 6 years.
- Brake Fluid Change: Porsche recommends changing the brake fluid every 2 years, regardless of mileage.
- Coolant Flush: The coolant system should be flushed and refilled every 2 to 3 years, or as recommended by Porsche.
- Transmission Fluid Change: The automatic transmission fluid in the Cayenne 3rd Generation should be inspected and replaced as necessary. The interval for replacement may vary, but it's generally suggested to inspect it every 60,000 miles or every 6 years.
- Drive Belt Replacement: The accessory drive belt, which drives components like the alternator and water pump, should be inspected regularly and replaced as necessary. It is generally recommended to inspect it every 60,000 miles or every 6 years.
- Cabin Air Filter Change: The cabin air filter should be inspected and replaced when necessary to ensure clean air inside the vehicle. The interval for replacement may vary, but it's generally recommended to inspect it every 20,000 to 30,000 miles or annually.
Maintenance for other Porsche Model Years
For other information on Porsche maintenance, service, and repair, or for the service schedule for later model years, please see our other Porsche articles.